Sunday, April 5, 2009

Let's Try Linux...

Hi friends,
Last week Gloss conducted session called Let's try Linux, Season#1
Firstly let me tell about the agenda of this one week session

Date---------- Agenda

March 30---- Introductory Session
March 31---- Partitions & Installations
April 1----- Drivers Installations
April 2----- Wine & Media Players
April 3----- Networking & File Sharing

The first day Dwarak gave an introduction about what is open source and it's uses. He told about the significance of blogging and showed some famous blogs, which made me to blog frequently these days.! Then, second day-partitions & installation of ubuntu, third day- drivers installations, fourth day-wine & media players and finally the last day ended with networking and file sharing. Including with these things everyday, a community was introduced which made Season#1 more attractive!! Season #1 helped me to know the things and start implementing which I have learned in the mean while. It was very much beneficial to the folks who attended it for the 5 days regularly. This might be one of the most wonderful session taken by Gloss. And I was given a great opportunity for a community talk as already mentioned before in my recent blog. I thank Dwaraknath, our campus ambassador for conducting such a fantastic session.!

1 comment:

Anurag said...

This is a nice blog to read and I thinks the Linux sessions organized by gloss has been very much useful to many. And the most good thing is that all this has been described very beautifully in your blog. Keep writing ,Good luck