Monday, March 30, 2009

Gloss Session...

Hi friends,

Here in this blog I am going to tell about today's Gloss session which I have attended. Actually today I was having open elective by 5 and thought that I ll not be able to attend the session, later when I went there, found that sir was on leave so some how managed to be there in the seminar hall by 5.15. Today session started with Open Source and it's benefits. Firstly Dwaraknath told what does it mean and how it is useful to the world. As a part of session he also told about Second Life, which is nothing but a free 3D virtual world where users can socialize, connect and create using voice and text chat and gave a small demo of second life. And then he spoke about blogging which will help for one's development in one way or the other. We were shown some famous blogs. At last the session ended by giving a brief description about Osum, a technical social networking community,in which we can discuss the technical stuffs, can blog, make friends etc etc.. For more information visit http://osum.sun.com. I think there was no proper publicity, only a few were there in the hall. So a small advice from my side to the folks who is handling this to see that people are aware of Gloss sessions so that more will be benefited from this.